Reporting to the Location Manager, the Sales Agronomist grows SynergyAG’s customer base by providing customized and expert agronomic advice and crop input products to meet the unique needs of customers. The Sales Agronomist uses advanced diagnostic tools, data analytics and new technology to interpret results and offer effective and efficient solutions to customers.
Location / Watrous, Lanigan, Balgonie, Liberty
Develop and deploy SynergyAG sales strategies and marketing activities within location goals to improve market share of product lines, while collaborating with the entire team and working directly with seed and crop nutrient and protection suppliers. At a minimum, this includes:
- Understand the overall agronomic customer needs, utilizing agronomic expertise to customize sales offering.
- In partnership with SynergyAG corporate personnel and Location Manager, define the key market for the location and/or sales area and develop a sustainable five-year sales growth plan.
- Ensure sales strategies are consistent with SynergyAG values.
Build, develop and maintain the customer relationship and build a network of customers including key farmers and decision makers in the local trading area. At a minimum, this includes:
- Create a customer relationship where there is connection to the SynergyAG brand and location.
- Work with other SynergyAG locations ensuring consistent and optimal customer satisfaction.
- Support location sales team by sharing agronomic expertise, as appropriate.
- Provide timely and expert agronomic advice, service, and products to customers. This includes interpreting soil and tissue tests, as required, and recommending best practices for soil fertility management based on results.
- Provide agronomic knowledge and training to customers.
- Research and respond to customer and technical inquiries regarding products and services.
- Create and use data analytics and new technology to help customers manage their data to add value to their operations.
- Showcase new and innovative products to trial and sell to the customer.
- As a team player, assist with any priority tasks in or around the yard, as required.
Ensure profitability and increase the net profit for the location by:
- Showcasing agronomy of new and innovative products.
- Following the margin strategy set out by the Location Manager.
- Partner with the Location Manager to accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue streams.
- Compile and maintain the database for inventory records and customer analytic management
- Review customers’ accounts to ensure payments are collected, keeping SynergyAG corporate apprised of any deficiencies.
- Provide timely sales advice, expertise, service, and products to current and potential customers, always meeting or exceeding SynergyAG sales standards.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of any business expenses, exercising fiscal responsibility in line with the SynergyAG policy.
Education and Skillset
- An undergraduate degree in Agriculture or Agronomy is required.
- Minimum three years of experience in the retail agricultural industry, is preferred.
- Credentials suitable to obtain professional status with provincial Institutes of Agrology (P. Ag).
- Talented and comfortable operating in a sales environment; experience is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building, and relationship building skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to develop an in-depth understanding of new technologies.
- Dependable, reliable, and safety conscious.
- Effective time management, planning and multitasking skills.
- Proficiency with computers and technology.
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license.
TYPE OF EMPLOY: full-time position
COMPENSATION: An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
If you are interested in this opportunity, feel free to learn more about SynergyAG by exploring our website, Twitter or Facebook. If you would like to apply for this opportunity, forward your resume and three references to: HR@synergy.ag